What do we publish?
What do we publish?
- Research articles – full-length original academic writing that provides analysis, interpretation, and argument based on in-depth independent research.
- Review articles (up to 50 pages) – summary or metanalyses of the existing literature on a topic in an attempt to explain the current state of understanding on the topic.
- Forest Business Notes – current findings, white papers, reports, business research and thought leadership articles that are worth communicating with the professional forest business community.
- Opinion pieces (letters, editorials) - provide a forum for injecting scientific information and/or viewpoints into a pressing issue, or to advocate for a specific policy aim. JFBR is particularly interested in opinions, commentaries, research trends or science critiques related to the pace, direction, and barriers to implementation of responsible forest investments and sustainable management, ESG in forestry, new trends in technologies in forestry, wood markets and thought-leadership pieces about the contribution of forest sector towards the mitigation of climate and biodiversity crises.
- Special Conference Collection Issues - JFBR is an official journal of the International Forest Business Conference.
All the above paper categories published at JFBR go through a double-blind peer-review process.
Format and Peer-review
Journal of Forest Business Research is an open-access, web-based journal, with abstracts and articles appearing in hypertext meta-language (HTML) and full articles downloadable for free as Adobe portable document format (PDF) files. Users have the right to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the full texts of articles in the journal, and users can use, reuse, and build upon the material in the journal for non-commercial purposes as long as attribution is given when appropriate or necessary.
The editors of the Journal of Forest Business Research are committed to providing a high-quality scientific journal that promotes the exchange and validation of ideas, leading to progress in fields related to the business side of sustainable and responsible forest investments and management. Scientific research articles and scholarly reviews are subjected to a conventional peer-review process, using a double-blind procedure. The journal also encourages contribution of editorial opinion pieces, which may be selected, on a limited basis, at the Editors’ discretion.
Journal of Forest Business Research offers web-based submission and review of articles.
Please bear in mind that the likely audience will be multi-disciplinary; your work needs to be understood by scientists and specialists who may have very different backgrounds from your own.